Crowns & Bridges
Dental crowns are an effective treatment option for restoring broken or weakened teeth
Sometimes a filling on a tooth may not be strong enough, or you may be in a situation where the same filling keeps breaking. It may be time to consider a crown instead. The purpose of a crown is to completely cover the remaining tooth with a ‘jacket’ and that will allow for the forces from your chewing being more evenly distributed thus limiting the amount of destructive force on the tooth.
Crowns are also useful for improving cosmetics as we can completely change the shape and colour of your teeth to improve just how your teeth look. An extension of a simple crown is a dental bridge where we can fill in gaps in your smile where prior teeth had been extracted and give you your smile.
Dental crowns are used to:
- Restore fractured or broken teeth
- Strengthen a tooth after root canal therapy
- Improve biting ability
- Fix damage from excessive grinding
Benefits of dental crowns:
- Feel like natural teeth
- Match the colour and texture of your teeth
- Are made from durable material to last
The treatment process for dental crowns
When you visit DCFY for your initial consultation, we will examine the condition of your teeth and determine the best course of action. It typically takes 2 to 3 appointments to place a dental crown.
A dental bridge is between one and three dental crowns fused together. This dental prosthetic is attached to the teeth on either side of the tooth loss area. A bridge is an effective method of replacing missing teeth and filling the gaps in a smile left by one or more missing teeth.
The benefits of a dental bridge:
- bridges can look and feel like your natural teeth
- help you regain a beautiful smile after injury or tooth loss
- the procedure provides support, stability and improves dental health